The Equa 2, by Herman Miller.
Herman Miller’s Equa 2 chair was originally designed as a high performance office chair; many of its key design elements make it an ideal lecture/training room chair. The seat and back of the one-piece shell flex independently, providing passive support for users as they shift body position and posture. The opening between the seat and back allows air circulation to keep the occupant cool. The Equa 2 is equipped with a knee-tilt mechanism that allows a shift from an upright to reclined posture while maintaining the position of the feet to the floor. The front edge of the seat remains stationary when the chair tilts, thus eliminating pressure under the thighs and promoting proper circulation.
- Unique one-piece shell has an H-shaped cutout that allows the shell to flex and move passively with the user.
- The knee-tilt mechanism allows the user to recline without lifting his feet off the floor, and includes tilt-tension adjustment.
- Chairs are available with fixed non-adjustable arms or armless versions.
- Replaceable cushions are standard on the split-pad upholstered model.
- An optional adjustable lumbar support is available.
- Chair shells are available in black umber, graphite, and medium tone finish.
- Frames are available in black umber, graphite, medium tone, and polished aluminum.
- Optional fire-retardant chair meets CAL133 requirements.
- Equa 2 is supported by a full five-year warranty.