The Tier Chair
The scale and posture of the Tier chair make it an ideal selection to meet the unique requirements of performing arts center private box patrons. Traditionally, specifiers of loose seating for the private boxes had only a choice between wood office visitor chairs or wood hospitality side chairs. The overall design, scale, and posture of these chairs never addressed the unique nature of this product area. The Tier chair specifically addresses the special needs of this high profile area which is critical to the success of today’s Performing Arts Center.
- The shape and profile of the Tier chair mimic TSI’s Teatro fixed seating line. By combining these seating lines, the finish and appearance of the loose and fixed chairs will be complimentary throughout the concert hall.
- The seat and back angle provide the proper support for users when seated on the main level of the hall, as well as in the upper levels.
- The ergonomic design of the Tier chair takes into consideration the extended sitting period generally expected in a performance venue.
- TSI’s ability to customize the Tier chair gives theater planners an option to tailor this chair to the exact design theme of the hall.
- Options such as outer wood back panels, donor tags, and custom finishing make this offering complete.
- TB133 – California Technical Bulletin 133 Fire Code Compliance (when required by local codes).
- Veneer Back Panels – Substitute finished veneer back panels for standard upholstery to enhance product durability and aesthetic appeal.
- Donor Tags – Donor tags are available in a variety of shapes and finishes.
One Year Warranty
Theatre Solutions, Inc. (TSI) warrants the Tier Chair against failures and manufacturing defects for one year from the date of shipment. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser
and is non-transferable. TSI will provide parts and labor to replace defective parts. This warranty does not cover damage from abuse, misuse, neglect or act of God.
Damage caused by modifications to the product by anyone other than an authorized TSI technician will void this warranty. This warranty does not apply to fabrics or products not installed by
authorized TSI technicians.
The Tier chairs are designed and built for years of reliable service. The durability and beauty of the chair will however, be greatly enhanced with proper care and inspection, as described below. Each project will be provided with an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Manual which will describe in detail the maintenance measures to be taken by onsite personnel. For more information on the care of the veneer and fabric components of your product, click the appropriate link.
Inspection and Cleaning
In the first year after the original installation, it is recommended that the chairs be inspected quarterly to insure that all chairs remain secure to the floor, and that the seats and backs remain tight to the leg frames. After the first year, this inspection interval can become longer, but should never exceed 6 months.
Besides inspecting for loose screw attachments, there should not be any routine need for readjustment. If, however, a loose connection is discovered, please refer to the appropriate drawing and instructions for installing the subject component. These drawings and instructions can be found in the O&M Manual.
The Tier chair has been designed and tested to achieve optimum performance and durability. In general, onsite maintenance personnel can provide the appropriate service to correct problems if they have the necessary spare parts and installation instructions.
In the event that a problem with the performance or finish of the chair occurs, it is often possible for immediate on-site remedies. TSI recommends that any loose components should be inspected for any visible evidence of breakage. If evidence is found, the part should be immediately replaced.
Obtaining Replacement Parts
A complete list of spare parts provided with the original installation is included in the O&M Manual. If any additional parts are required, simply contact Theatre Solutions and refer to the appropriate part number or the description listed in a drawing depicting the component.
For service work which cannot be executed by the building user, contact Theatre Solutions and we will assist in arranging a visit by qualified technicians.
Shipping Back to Theatre Solutions
Prior to returning any component part(s) to Theatre Solutions, please contact us by phone or fax for instructions on packaging and shipment method.
- Planning Drawings
- Installation Manual
- Planning Manual
- Seating Specifications
- Seating Specs (2)
Teatro CAD Drawings
The following are .zip files containing .dwg and .dxf files
- Teatro A1 Drawings (150k) – Side, Plan, and Elevation views of the Teatro A1 chair.
- Teatro C1 Drawings (136k) – Side, Plan, and Elevation views of the Teatro C1 chair.
- Teatro C3 Drawings (134k) – Side, Plan, and Elevation views of the Teatro C3 chair.
- Teatro Layout Drawings (119k) – Planning drawing for all Teatro chair models.
- Teatro Installation Drawings (726k) – Installation drawings for all Teatro chair models.